2.25.2011

2 Year Anniversary! PLUS: A quick IWU catch-up.

So, two years ago, on this very day, I ran in the 5K at the CCIW Indoor Conference Meet. Since then, I have probably not even run 5 kilometers total, but that's okay, because I've filled my life with lots of other amazing things. Still, I post this because this weekend is the CCIW Indoor Conference Meet, and, like my freshman year, it's being held at the Shirk Center here at IWU. I'm super pumped because I haven't watched indoor track in a super long time, and I'm excited to see my friends race indoors for the first time this year. Go Titans!!!!

This week was a little bit slower, which was a welcome relief. I didn't have a ton of homework, so, as you can tell, I'm actually able to blog! Next week I have quite a few projects to complete though, so I need to enjoy this while I can.

The big news on campus is that both our Guys and Girls basketball teams have qualified for their respective CCIW Conference Tournaments. The girls enter as the #1 seed, and the guys are the #4 seed after an epic buzzer-beating win over Augustana on Tuesday clinched their post-season berth. I'm somewhat disappointed that Coach Rose apparently forgot that I am the buzzer-beating specialist, and instead he gave the last shot to star forward Doug Sexahuer. I was sitting only two rows from the floor also, so it's not like I couldn't have run on the court in time. Oh, well; what can I say? Maybe he's saving me for the CCIW Tournament.

At DRL last night, we spent the entire evening talking about music, and how it's a way we can worship God. We studied 5 songs that we sing often at DRL: In Christ Alone, How He Loves, It Is Well With My Soul, Revelation Song, and Hosanna. With each song, we broke down key parts from the verses and choruses and studied where they come from in the Scriptures. Afterwards, we sang them all, and I think we all had a great time singing the songs knowing more about their contexts and unique circumstances in which they were written. I'd challenge you all to study the words and stories that go into your favorite songs; it's a great exercise, and very rewarding.

In the world of College Basketball, I am so pumped for March Madness it's not even funny. I've been watching highlights from last year's tournament, and I simply can't wait for this year's games! Here's a great classic from last year that I'll leave you with:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Все о бизнесе
http://biznessmoney.blogspot.com/