Well, already my attempt to blog more this year appears headed for failure. But what can really be done? There are simply so many things that have arisen lately that demand my attention. For instance, the Packers play the Falcons tomorrow for a chance to go the NFC Championship game! This should be a great contest. Both teams are capable, if they score more points than their opponent, of winning. It should be a game for the ages as the Packers nearly beat Atlanta earlier in the year when their roster was much more injury-laden. Plus, thanks to James Starks, the Packers now have a running game that must needs be reckoned with. I know I'm going against Vegas, but I'm calling Green Bay by a score of 31-21. Go pack!
This week has been somewhat difficult. No, it's not because Illinois shamefully lost to Penn St. because they all forgot the concept of "boxing out." It's because, despite it being only Week 2 of the semester, my professors have already started giving me homework. In my opinion, we students some time to settle in, get back in the groove, and ease our way back into the swing of things following Christmas Break. To help accommodate us, Professors should refrain from giving homework until....oh, mid-April would probably be good. My roommate, Steve, is now Student Senate president here at IWU. I'll tell him to make this paragraph into a petition of some kind.
Because my career as a runner has somewhat been derailed, I have channeled my athletic prowess into another area of competition. I am going to try to become the first Wesleyan student in history to walk-on to the basketball team! However, due to my physical restrictions (that being, at top speed, I'm currently about as fast as a sloth post-hibernation*), I am going to seek out the role of "Buzzer-Shot and Free-Throw Specialist." What that means is, in games where Wesleyan is trailing by 3 or fewer points with 20 or fewer seconds left in the game, I will enter the game to take the last shot. I'm counting on my March Madness experience to propel my game in such situations.
Have a good weekend everybody! Hopefully you'll from me soon.**
*- do sloths even hibernate? Discuss.
**- but I doubt it.
No comments:
Post a Comment