1.08.2011

Dave starts the semester with true grit

Week 1 is in the books! Having conquered Christmas Break (it didn't fight back very hard), I have decided to turn my attention back to school. IWU started up again on Wednesday. My semester is looking like it will be pretty busy. Very busy in fact. But it also promises to be lots of fun. I am taking 5 music classes and only 1 Gen Ed (It's called Rights and Wrongs. On Friday we discussed why lying is wrong without defining what 'wrong' even meant. My conclusion? The professor was lying).

Already I've even had some fun. After talking with my Father over Christmas break about the concept of alliteration, I decided to put my creative skills to work during a rather tedious review of functional harmony. I came up with the following:

Delayed by dozens of distractions, Dave Donaldson, the dizzy, dry, dentist of Denmark, dove to great depths to dislodge the dreaded debacle of dying Donald Davis's decaying dentures. Dynamic displays of demonstrative drilling drove distress through the door, delivering doll-drums of delirious delight among the dozens of Danish denizens previously displaying their doubtful decorum through dicey discharges in different dialects. Donald Davis' dilapitating delirium was declared dubious by the Danish dentist, who has demanded Donald deliver him dozens of danishes for his deliverance.

Yep, that pretty much sums up my week.

Also, on Thursday, it was nice to welcome Mike Lankford back to DRL. Mike, having graduated last May, returned to DRL to give the first message of the semester. It was all about faith and action. It was really weird not having to prepare anything for Thursday, but it was nice to just sit back and hear the Word preached from a different perspective.

I saw "True Grit" tonight. I don't have the stamina or will power to write a movie review at the moment, but I will say this....."You don't look like LaBoeuf."

1 comment:

Pheaney said...

Dat's Damazing!

Decret Dord: Dilazo