9.27.2010

TOP II Mondays!!! PLUS: DRL Retreat!!

Well, the sand-timer for another week has emptied, and it's time to flip it over and start Week 6 here at the ol' I.W. of Wesleyan. Last week was very fun, but very busy. The DRL Retreat was this last weekend, so the week was spent preparing and sorting out logistics. Thankfully, that all went smoothly, which helped the Retreat to run smoothly. A group of 29 of us went to Camp CILCA in Sherman, IL to spend the weekend getting to know each other better, study the Bible, and eat food (which is pretty much what DRL is all about even when we aren't retreating). It was a blast! Everybody seemed to benefit from the experience, and we're all back at IWU rested and ready to tackle the world academia......except for the part about being "rested".....oh, well.

It's also time for Top II Mondays!!!!! Today's topic: Dave's Top II Favorite Songs At the Moment. Lately, I've been listening to the same 2 two songs over and over again. The reason? They're the best ever. So, I've decided to share them with you:
  • II. "Oh my Lord, what a Time." My roommate, Steve, and I really enjoy singing this song at the top of our lungs quite frequently. We especially enjoy seeing if we can match David Phelps when he hits that super high note in the middle of the song. See if you can!

  • I. "Gabriel's Oboe" by Ennio Moriconne, performed here, coincidentally, on a trumpet. It's a gorgeous piece. The random movie clips in the middle are from the movie "The Mission," for which this piece was composed. Listen to the french horn parts and be amazed!

No comments: