3.08.2010

Weekend Update

It is hard to believe that it is March 9 already. The reason for the unbelief is that it is, in fact, not March 9, but rather March 8 today. Which means it is Monday. Which means that, once again, the weekend was entirely too short and I'm now back to the old grind of classes. But all is not lost because this is the last week before Spring Break, which means that in just 6 days I will be in Jamaica!

If you haven't noticed, my blogging has taking a serious dip this semester. This is due to the following reasons:
  • My schedule is about as full as my plate after I've gone through a buffet line.
  • My free time is spent doing more "productive" things such as: homework, practicing, creating Excel documents that project the NCAA basketball tournament, etc....
  • My markhor ate my homework
  • Etc...

However, due to a class cancellation, I have about 20 minutes of free time before I have to go play with Tonto, so I'm going to give you a quick weekend update, because this weekend was rockin'!

On Friday night, as part of a fund raiser for our Jamaica Trip, two of my friends organized an extreme scavenger hunt around Bloomington/Normal. The event was entitled "Road Rally" and it was tons of fun. As my team careened through the streets of Bloomington*, we did our best to interpret the clues and reach the final destination before anyone else. The more clues we deciphered, the more I began to feel like Ben Gates from "National Treasure." Coincidentally, after the Road Rally we watched National Treasure 2, which made the night even more epic.

On Saturday, I attended the wedding of a good friend that I met last year through DRL. It was the first wedding I've ever been to where it was just me and my friends and not my family (not that I don't love going to weddings with my family. My family's awesome). Because of this, I realized, in that instant, that I am getting very old. Nonetheless, I put aside those thoughts and thoroughly enjoyed myself the entire day. Although my knee kept me from "cuttin' a rug" on the dance floor, I made up for it by setting a new PR for most glasses of water consumed at a wedding reception.

On Sunday, I accompanied the IWU Wind Ensemble on the piano at their concert at the BCPA. Compared to the Concerto, this was a piece of cake. I only played in three pieces, and I spent more time counting rests than playing actual notes. One of the pieces they played really stuck out to me. It's called "Angels in the Architecture" and it's a very powerful piece.

Well, that's all for now. I'm off to play with Tonto.

*- "careened" in this context is synonymous with "safe" and "careful."

No comments: