I probably won't have a chance to blog for a while because of inevitable intervening circumstances. Mainly, I won't be in America. This is not to suggest that other countries don't have the capability of manufacturing computers or accessing the Internet, but rather that I will probably not have time to blog as I will be busy doing other un-American things, such as, in this case, going to Jamaica.
That's right. Your ears did not deceive you (nor your eyes, as you are, in fact, reading this). I am going to Jamaica over Spring Break with a group of 20+ friends from DRL. We are going to be staying at the Salvation Army center in Kingston where we will be assisting at the School for the Blind. We will be doing VBS with the kids, playing sports with them (we've been told that they can play "blind soccer"), and helping out the Salvation Army in whatever they need. I'm hoping that this trip will be a time of growth both for those going on the trip and for those we come in contact with down in Jamaica. Your prayers are welcomed and encouraged during this next week.
As soon as I touch foot back in America following the trip, I will drive straightaways to Muscatine, Iowa to meet my family in the College Basketball Haven that is located there. In reality, it is simply a Holiday Inn, but to us, it is as important to our family heritage as the Statue of Liberty is to America. It represents close to 20 straight years of traditionally watching the first and second rounds of the NCAA Basketball Tournament while eating Starburst jellybeans and yelling at the top of our lungs. It also represents hot tubs, Happy Joes, petrified frogs, crashing wedding receptions, and much much more....but those are all stories for another time.
Thus, I bid you, my reading public, farewell for a while. I will surely update you as to my adventures when I next have some free time that does not need to be devoted to school work or other miscellaneous responsibilities*.
Enjoy the warm weather!**
*- my researchers in the field are calculating this will next take place on: September 13, 2027
**- unless, of course, you are one of the 12 people form Canada who have read my blog. However, I hope you enjoy whatever kind of weather you are having at the moment.
1 comment:
I'm sensing your Jamaican readership growing immensely after this trip.
Post a Comment