9.09.2009

Teenage Mutant Ninja Bees...watch out!

In case you didn't hear (which 99.85% of America didn't), I got stun by a bee on Saturday in Westbrook Auditorium in Presser Hall!!!  Can you believe it?!?!*  Apparently hanging around music has made the bee population of America much smarter and, before we know it, they will not only be stinging (pronounced "stee-neen") us poor civilians, they will be writing music to accompany their fiendish acts of violence.  Rimsky-Korsakov's "Flight of the Bumblebee" was only the start.  Be careful, my friend, the new generation of bee is now among us.

Aside from the fact that my foot constantly feels like it is being raked over a fire, things are going well.  Today, the string quartet that I am in played the President's Convocation.  We played a quartet by Haydn, and nobody threw anything at us when we were done, so I'm assuming that we played alright.  I wasn't too nervous about performing, but I was nervous at midnight the night before the concert when I realize that I had left my tuxedo in Morton.  Boy, aren't I lucky that my house is only 30 minutes from campus?**  Thankfully, one of my friends at ISU who commutes was able to bring it over in time.  Everything else went smoothly today and now I am about to go study for a test I have in Music Theory III tomorrow.





*-rhetorical question
**-is this a rhetorical question?

1 comment:

Pheaney said...

I'm seeing a lot of irony that you mentioned Bee Movie in your last post and got stung in this one.

Maybe you already have angry blogger following?!?