12.27.2011

Merry Christmas, You Wonderful Ol' Building & Loan!

Greetings, all!

Yes, I realize that, once again, despite countless New Years Resolutions, my blog has once again fallen by the wayside.  However, this time I am not going to offer any apologies.  I am simply going to accept that I am at a point in my life where blogging about the idiosyncrasies of my life (orchestra concerts, family events, sports sagas, dragon transformations, etc...) can no longer retain the priority that it used to hold in my existence.  Also, as I head into the chapter of my life entitled "Dave Becomes a Young Professional," I should probably take a page out of Tom Merker's book and spend my time writing more sophisticated works of literature.  With all that said, I am not at this point signaling the bane of my blog's existence, but it is definitely going to have to take an official backseat for the time being.

However, the purpose for my writing today is to bring great joy!  For yesterday, or maybe it was Sunday, Christmas took place, and that is cause for great rejoicing!  After watching "It's a Wonderful Life" on Saturday, or maybe it was Friday, I was reminded once again why Christmas is my favorite holiday.  Because of Christmas, George Bailey is able to say, with full confidence, "Merry Christmas, you wonderful ol' Building & Loan!"  Actually, that is not exactly what Christmas is about, but it sure does warm your heart.  What Christmas is really about is this; "For unto you is born this day a Savior, who is Christ the Lord!"  That news should really warm your heart!

Merry Christmas to one and all, and Happy New Year!


P.S.
For any of you who still follow this thing and are somewhat interested in my life, I am giving my senior piano recital in Morton at Grace Church on Saturday, Jan. 7 @ 6:30, and at Illinois Wesleyan on Friday, Jan. 13 @ 7:30.  Feel free to come to one, both, or none!

No comments: